I would create a lesson plan using technology by giving an assignment that requires the students to do research online. For example, I would like to teach 7th grade social studies. For an assignment, I would provide the students with the names of famous historic figures to research on. I would require them to go on reliable/trusting websites to get information. Also, I would require them to incorporate a PowerPoint in their project.
Some of my concerns about being a teacher who supervises students in a technology environment is that I would not be able to monitor each and every student. I would prefer to teach middle school students. I think that they require more attention than older students because they are just learning to use the Internet. I will monitor my students by putting a block on websites that I do not believe are suitable for school children.
I learned about google when I first learned how to use the Internet. I am still fascinated to this website. This web source has helped me with projects throughout high school and so far in college. http://www.google.com/
Blog #10
16 years ago
I have the same concern about teaching in a technological environment. I like your idea of putting a block on unsuitable websites. My high school had that and it kept the students from playing video games all day lol.
ReplyDelete